Weighing the evidence
RB Yacht Surveys provides surveys for tonnage and measurement, required for a Certificate of Tonnage and Measurement. This is one of the documents needed to register your vessel on Part 1 of the UK Ships Register.
Registration on Part 1 of the UK Ship Register entitles you to the following benefits:
- Evidence you own the boat
- Shows your boat’s nationality
- Use the boat as security for a marine mortgage
- Protection from the Royal Navy and the services of British Consuls
- Internationally accepted documentation to ease passage to foreign ports
- Can enhance the re-sale of your vessel
- Evidence of date of build for the EU Recreational Craft Directive
- Ensures that your boat’s name is unique on Part 1
Part 1 Registration requires renewal every 5 years but does not require a further survey unless there are changes to the vessel (i.e: change of engine).
To see more about Part 1 Registration and how to start your application with the UK Ship Register, see the government website.